Thursday 3 August 2023

I Am Only Making One Post Again Today,

I have a telephone appointment with my doctor, 


amongst other things to do this morning, back to my visit to Duncan yesterday, it was a wet, wet day,

I was soon passing Peter Pan's Pool, there were hardly any people waiting at the bus stops, 

I was passing Lewisham market in no time, as it happens at many bus stops the bus was not actually stopping as no one wanted to get on or off,

the florists had not yet opened, 

and look at the time 08.57 and I was at Blackheath station, a record!

and joy of joys no changing trains at Dartford, as the 09.31 was running through to Gravesend,

on the opposite platform a train had just left for London,

almost blue skies at Gravesend, but a huge rain cloud burst, for a few minuets the rain just belted down,

off of the bus and up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan lives,

the skies had cleared although it was still so windy, inside Duncan was in fine sprits and watching some funnies on YouTube, we chatted away for a couple of hours until just before his lunch arrived, 

out of the home and on the bus to the station,

where I had a short wait for the 13.34 that would take me to Blackheath,

arriving there,

a quick look at the florists, as it was poring with rain I dashed over the road to the bus stop,

inside the bus the rain outside and condensation inside precluded taking any photograph, but the building under renovation was still not finished,

I stayed on the bus until the green,

then into Marks & Spencer's for some gardalbi biscuits that Duncan likes, but alas none in stock,

next stop I needed to have a key cut for the letting agent at our house, all done in no time,

and then into Waitrose, 

past a rather bedraggled plant selection, but good news inside, 4 packets of biscuits and I was on my way,

the rain had thankfully stopped as I passed Foxgrove Lodge, 

these dahlias looking just so red,

past the snail mail box and home,

where Diana arrived just after myself so time for a read and a sherry,

before our starter of a prawn salad,

a squeeze of lemon and tuck in,

Diana had cooked chicken and rice for herself, baked salmon for myself 'Cheers!',

 after which it was feet up for War of the Worlds, the 2005 version, Diana was a tad tired after today's work and as she had a early start tomorrow had a early night, I treated myself to a film I had watched before, 

 Sir Henry at Rawlinson End this is what I wrote about it when we watched it before,
'what can one say about Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, not so much a black and white movie, more sepia toned, so many wonderful lines,

'If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink,' 

sounds like me! the film is totally mad, Vivian Stanshall narrated and starred in the movie, as it happens I saw him live in The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, when they performed at the Goldsmiths Collage in New Cross, and here is a piece of trivia, the real Sir Henry Rawlinson, of whom Viv was unaware, died exactly 100 years to the day before Viv. the film you will love or hate, I loved it',

the one great thing about Sir Henry is that he combines his interests with a passion, take the still above from the movie, he takes three of his favourite vices, boats, a Purdey shotgun and his couple of drink optics placed on the side of the boat, what could possibly go wrong? again for me a great totally mad movie, after which I was off to bed.


No comments: