Friday 18 August 2023

I Had A Quiet,

but busy day,


as did Diana, she left for work early to meet up with Wilma, who she had not seen for a long time in Bromley, Greggs was decided as a meeting point,

for a bite to eat, a coffee and a chat before Diana went to work, back home a bit of a disaster, the old telephone that I have most of my music on and all of my radio shows refused to turn on, last week whilst in town I took it to a telephone repair shop, "it is finished, nothing we can do" was the result, so today as I wanted to spend some time in the garden I started downloading old radio shows that I just love, if old time radio is your choice to listen to have a look here at Radio Echoes, from the site:

 '21 Genres of shows, 4,317 Series, for a total of 120,913 Episodes, all from the previous century. You are welcome to instantly play what you like and download what you decide to keep - all for FREE! Thanks for visiting - please come back often!'

all they ask is a donation of your choice, what a great site for both UK and US radio shows, my taste in radio shows runs from Just a Minute to Round the Horne, 

a little about Round the Horne, the whole show is held together by Kenneth Horne, a most likable chap, Round the Horne was a BBC Radio comedy programme starring Kenneth Horne, first transmitted in four series of weekly episodes from 1965 until 1968. The show was created by Barry Took and Marty Feldman, who wrote the first three series. The fourth was written by Took, Johnnie MortimerBrian Cooke and Donald Webster, Horne's supporting cast comprised Kenneth WilliamsHugh PaddickBetty Marsden and, in the first three series, Bill Pertwee. The announcer was Douglas Smith, who also took part in the sketches. All except the last series featured music by Edwin Braden, played by the band "the Hornblowers", with a song in the middle of each show performed by the close-harmony singing group the Fraser Hayes Four; in the fourth series, the music was by Max Harris with a smaller group of players than the earlier series. here is a show I picked at random from Round the Horne, the show comprises of a number of actors, or I should say radio stars using characters that appear in many of the shows,

 Clissold Saga Part 2 The Aviator, originally broadcast on 14 th April 1965, actually I say I chose it at random, but the 14th April just happens to be my birthday, just click on the 'play' button, British humour of the 1960s at its best, I spent more than a long time loading up my telephone for a late afternoon in the garden,

all set, and then the clouds rolled in!, so that was that, the forecast for Friday, thunderstorms and rain, but still the next time it is fine I have so many radio shows to listen to, after my evening meal I watched,

Arn: The Knight Templar (2007), Arn, the son of a high-ranking Swedish nobleman is educated in a monastery and sent to the Holy Land as a Knight Templar to do penance for a forbidden love, Arn of course is fiction but there is a web page for Arn Magnusson, the film hero, after which Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee and a chat and a Midsomer Murder, before we were off to bed.



No comments: