Saturday 26 August 2023

I Had A Quiet Day,

for a different reason than I expected!


in the morning after posting the blog I spent some time on the third video of a trip I took to India looking for new species of fish for the aquatic trade, in part 3, above, I looked at a few different methods of fishing involving a semi-permeant bamboo construction, and of cast netting from the shore, resulting in a characin and a few barbs, the bamboo construction uses the fisherman's weight to raise it, next a drag net used across a small pond, the fish were sorted, but nothing new, however there was a genuine wild zebra danio, (Danio rerio), and a freshwater crab, over the next few weeks I will try to post the rest of the 1,800 miles trip in jeep and boat, so post finished next my exercises, followed by a bit of being a househusband, hovering, watering the plants, etc, by now I had worked up a sweat, so off for a shower and then it happened, no electricity!, long story short, a utilities company had damaged the cable to the 56 homes in the park, thankfully UK Power Neteworks kept us informed of the progress, and as promised at 5.30 in the afternoon the power was back, as indeed was Diana, so a shower and change before our evening meal, 

'Cheers!', as I had my evening read,

for our main course Diana made a chicken curry with rice delicious and filling, before it was feet up for a Antiques Road Show, which we followed with 2 from Midsomer Murder, tomorrow Diana has a early start and as Carl is on holiday I will be working in the shop, so with that we were off to bed.


No comments: