Tuesday 15 August 2023

I Had A Quiet Day,

after my usual start,


I looked at why our newly installed BT TV box was missing 200+ channels, apparently the box has to be rebooted, which I did, 

To reboot your TV box:

  1. Turn the TV box off 
  2. Unplug it at the wall
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Switch it back on

no change, I tried various other options all with the same result, I followed the one for the big reset, I followed the on screen instructions until I was asked to impute numbers that I had to find, this is what I did, 

  1. Go to the main menu by pressing the blue Home (or YouView) button on your remote
  2. From the main menu, scroll along and select Settings
  3. In the settings menu, scroll down to Information & Reset and select Factory Reset from the list
  4. You'll now see a warning screen. Remember all of your recordings and personal data will be deleted
  5. If you want to continue, just enter the numbers shown on the screen using your remote. The reset will take a few minutes
  6. Once done, you'll see the first time set up screens. Just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset

naturally I did not find the 4 digit code, so a job for Diana when she arrived home from work! I watched a few documentaries during the day,


 and a film The Prestigewe had seen it before but for me it is a great film, the plot is that Robert and Alfred are rival magicians, when Alfred performs the ultimate magic trick, Robert tries desperately to find out the secret to the trick, in a small role David Bowie plays Nikola Tesla, who we have much to thank for his discovery of AC electricity, as one person put it "The genius who lit the world" unlike the other electrical guy Edison, who tried to get the world dimly lit with DC current, also of note in the film is that Tesla did in fact stay at Colorado Springs, from 1899 to 1900 where he built a laboratory with a 200 kW transmitter, great film mixing fantasy with fiction and fact, another part to the film that was fact was that Chung Ling Soo who Robert and Alfred went to watch was a real life person, I really enjoyed watching it again, after Diana arrived home from work and our evening meal, Diana picked up the remote for the TV box, in no time she had the code, entered it after what seemed like an age the menu started up and there they were, all of our missing programmes, but why did it miss 200+ channels? all I did was switch it on!, any way we could now enjoy a Endeavour and a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: