Saturday 19 August 2023

I Had A Quiet Day,

whilst Diana was at work,


I spent some time uploading more radio shows to my telephone and then thought I would continue my journey upriver in India, in this clip we pass a few workers repairing a boat, next passing a couple of fishermen using a rod a line, another using just a line, then our turn with a cast net, the first attempt, a twig! the second cast a bit more successful as he land a nondescript characin, and a small colourful striped botia, and then pass a static fish trap that is lowered into the water and then retrieved later, 

after Diana returned from work it was time for a read and a sherry, 

for our evening meal Diana had a Thai dish topped with eggs, 

beef stew for myself, 

it was so good I had seconds!

we followed that with a cherry trifle, 

as we finished the meal Diana made this short video on her telephone of the baby kribsI knew them as Pelmatochromis kribensis, in my days working in the tropical fish trade, but some years ago they have been reclassified, and are now known as Pelvicachromis pulcher, they are cichlids a group of fish that when they lay eggs after they have hatched for the first part of the fry's development look after their young, now over a week old they are becoming more adventurous in the aquarium,

next we settled down to watch Dark Star, a very old sci-fi, made in 1974, a comedy in many ways as an alien outwits one of the crew and a smart bomb becomes way too smart for itself and the crew, not everyone's taste and of course showing it's age in the special effects department, but we thought it was well done in many places, we followed that with a Midsomer Murder before Diana was off to bed, another very early start tomorrow,

for myself it was A Million Ways To Die In The West, so funny in so many ways, the dream sequence the hero has as he sits around the Indian camp fire a real gem, after which I too was off to bed.


No comments: