Saturday 5 August 2023

We Take Everything So Much For Granted,

every morning I wake up and grab a litre of water from the tap to drink,


photograph ViralPress, but for this lady the same thing nearly cost her life, on July 27, Falmira De Jesus, a 38-year-old palm oil plantation from Indonesia’s West Kalimantan Province, was collecting water from a shallow, greenery-covered stream in Ketapang Regency in Indonesia, when the unthinkable happen, she was grabbed by her leg by a crocodile, and dragged into the water, miraculously she held on to branches and shouted for help for 90 minutes before workers came to her aid, “I was in pain from where the crocodile was holding me. I couldn’t break free,” Falmira recalled. “Then I started to feel like I was becoming weaker. I just thought I was going to die, because I was falling below the water.”

in the struggle the crocodile repeatedly tried to pull her down into the water, over time, more people arrived to help, eventually, the reptile decided to let go of its prey and retreated when some of her co-workers wadded into the water to get her out, and she was rushed to the nearest hospital, “I lie in the hospital and can still see the crocodile in my mind, and feel it on my body,” the 38-year-old survivor said. “I am very grateful for people that helped me to escape. They saved my life.” doctors told Indonesian reporters that the mother-of-two suffered deep puncture wounds on her right arm, thigh, and lower leg, but is scheduled to make a full recovery, which many consider nothing short of a miracle, local police warned workers and residents around the plantation to be more vigilant when approaching bodies of water, for the full story have a look here, the glass of water I take every day for granted in the safety of our kitchen in some countries could be so costly, as it happens Indonesia is home to 14 different species of crocodile. 


No comments: