Friday 18 September 2009

Busy, Busy, Day,

sometimes I wake up with nothing to do other than update the blog or play with the trains,

not so today, the night before Vic had reminded me that I had bought 3 pairs of reading glasses for Steve that he was going to take back to the UK with him,

I mentioned in an earlier post I had bought them in Luckdod, a tourist type shop, well we both like the glasses and cases as they all come complete with a fitted pen inside, so many times I have found a pen and not my glasses and vise versa, well now I can find both at the same time - or not at all as the case my be, speaking of finding glasses and pens, Diana put the 3 sets for Steve in a 'safe' place, but forgot where the safe place was, after turning out every drawer and cupboard and opening every biscuit tin (for some reason we keep stuff in biscuit tins) after nearly an hour I found them, I also found several other things I had 'lost',

so it was over to Vic's hotel to give them to him then off to Friendship as we had not done any shopping for a week or so, the bike was as usual well overloaded, 12 of each soda, tonic, coke, plus all of the other bits and pieces, well the bike sort of meandered us home, it was only when I got off I noticed the flat front tyre, so off to the bike repair shop,

everything priced up,
I took this opportunity to have the headlamp bulb replaced, I use main beam in the day and dipped beam at night, a simple way of getting twice the length of life out of bulbs, not that it matters for these bulbs, but if you run halogen or similar the price of them used to make me wince, old habits die hard! so off with the front wheel, notice the 'T' bar screwdriver holding the bike up so the front wheel can be removed, whilst waiting I took a shot of the fruit stall next door, one of the good things out here is that if you go to a bike repair shop work on your bike starts straight away, no queues no waiting,
in a matter of minuets the old tube was out,
as was the bulb and holder,
new tube fitted and tyre put back, so far less than 10 minuets,
but we hit a snag on the bulb, it was the holder that had failed,
by now the tyre was almost on and ready to go, but not the bulb holder, a 'new' second hand one was found, but it did not work, so a old one was found, also a no go, so out with the soldering iron to make my one work, so well over an hour later I was on my way, total cost? 200 baht including the new inner tube,
then off to Jimbo's for some of his delicious sausages, for me the tastiest in Pattaya, the road has now been made up, before it was an assault course of never drying puddles and deep pot holes,
on the way back I passed this parked jeep,
complete with a new 'A' frame on the front,
just opposite a bike shop, this reminded me very much of the 'cafe racer' scene type bike, popular in the UK in the 60's and 70's,
unlike some of the others I have seen this one had a disc brake not twin leading shoe type of brake,
I was also surprised that it had a Supertrapp silencer, these can actually be 'tuned' to improve the bike or cars performance,
and in the same shop some one was spending a fortune on this 6 cylinder Honda Valkyrie motor bike,
a view of the shop,
all of this is in the same road as the failed Batman disco,
then when I returned, Phil, Mick and Mass, Jay and Precil had arrived,
so we had a drink downstairs whilst the girls cooked some food upstairs,
then it was out with Mike and Riza for a meal at a restaurant unknown to me in Naglua,
all made up and ready to go,
it is called the Mumaroi,
Diana, Riza and Mike at the entrance to it,
of course I had to get in on the act!
lots of lights going up the trees made a nice subdued lighting effect,
there are places to live just past the restaurant, again very nicely illuminated,
the main foyer at the back,
and looking towards the dining area,
and our table, just past us was a Filipino band, but we arrived early and did not hear them play,
for some reason the waitress took a liking to me,
"Cheers!" from all of us,
we had a full selection of seafood's, baby clams, prawn tempura, asparagus with prawns, sweet and sour chicken and many more, to find it go to Nagula and past the seafood market on your left, coninue through the old town and over the bridge, then instead of turning right as you had to up to 5 years ago as it was a grass track you now continue straight on as the track has now become a road, the resturaunt is on the left, car park on the right,
the food I think is a little on the expensive side, Mike very kindly picked up the bill, so I can not be 100% about the prices, but one thing I do know is that up until now the cheapest corkage charge that we have found in Pattaya was 200 baht at Cherry's, well here it was even less at 100 baht, if you want a special evening out by the beach this is for you, card and map below,
then home to watch the first episode of "I, Claudis" now on DVD, I have seen this before way back in the early 1970's when it was aired on BBC television, I can not say how gripping the story is and how much I enjoyed watching it then, I then purchased it many years ago on V.H.S. tape, but again once I started to watch it I could not stop, it was so good,
after that in a compleate change of pace, Mouse Hunt, if you like slapstick humour this one is for you, as a guide if you did not like Dodge Ball, give this one a miss! and so to bed, the blog is a bit late today, for some reason the Internet did not like me today, also please remember there is no Saturday get together at 388 this week as we will be out but I hope you can make it next Saturday on the 26 th, see you all then.

No comments: