Monday 7 September 2009

A Subject I Have Often Heard About But Never Took the Time To Look Up,

always starts with, "there are how many! spoons of sugar in a can of coke", (discussed last Saturday), well the good folks at Sugar Stacks have helped to visualise this on their web page, just look at the cubes above before you reach for your next soft drink! I often have a prawn cocktail for my breakfast/late lunch, thinking it is healthy, but I suppose one and a half cubes is not to bad, that is of course for one small helping of sauce, where a small dish is pictured the cubes refer to a small helping, better yet read about the amounts and calories on the site,
they have used regular sugar cubes (4 grams of sugar each) to show how the sugars in your favorite foods literally stack up, gram for gram, they don't differentiate between different types of sugar - i.e., sucrose, fructose, cane sugar, corn syrup, honey, etc., although there are differences in how these sugars are metabolized, they just used cubes of white sugar as a visual aid, so easy on the ketchup,
and what ever you do avoid chocolate snacks!
and you though spaghetti was safe! looking through their web site there were a few surprises,
like the ice coffee I love at Starbucks, well not so much now, and the vanilla milkshake I enjoy at Swensons, admittedly this is Mac's but I guess the sugar would be the same, oh well, diet to start next week to make up for all of my past indulgences!

No comments: