Sunday 13 May 2012

First Thing And I Was Off To Jack Levy's Office,

I had asked for our new television and sound system to be included on our house insurance,


so I had a further 316 baht to pay for the increase in cover,

 next stop the fish shop on Third Road, just as I arrived a new large dog house was being put in place,

 we had nearly run out of fish food,

 in the foreground there are shelves with fish foods and cleaning equipment, at the rear of the picture there are cages with birds in them,

 one of the several aisles of aquariums with fish for sale in most of them,

 next a job I had been putting off for some time, a haircut for the bonsai trees,

 a few snips here and there,

 to bring it back to its more stunted look,

 next the bigger one,

 even more foliage removed,

 to achieve the sparse look, but in a few months they will look fine - I hope!

 just after our evening meal I had a call from Harvey, he was out on the town and did I want to join him for a drink? now let me think about this one, so I took a motorbike taxi to Soi Bukaow walking the last part of the journey,


 we had arranged to meet at the Wetherspoons pub, which was next to Oasis, so that was easy to find,

 'Cheers!', from Harvey and myself,

 we were also joined by John who is a friend of Harvey's, the last time we met he very kindly left Harvey and myself with a bottle of vodka in Champions, so the bar hopping began,

 naturally as it was next door we had to start at Oasis,

 I forgot to mention as we were sitting in Wetherspoons, Russ walked by and said Hi and that we would see him later, the only problem was we did not know what bar he worked in, so we had to go on a quest in Soi LK Metro to find him, first the Paradise,

 a few more,

 we had to have one in Champagne, 

 then decision time, we were off to Walking Street,

 past the jail,

 Walking Street was absolutely packed with people,

 all along the street small shows were being put on to entertain the crowds, this one I think is called break dancing, where people spin on the floor and do handstands, it was all a bit too energetic for me!

 our next port of call was Heavens Above in Soi Diamond, just as we arrived in the street Harvey met up with one of his friends,

 or I should say two of them,

 Heavens Above is just in front of the Diamond Beach Hotel, a great place to stay if you want to be in the centre of town,

 naturally we had to say hello to Grieg in Roxy's, I had mention to Diana that I would just be a couple of hours as I left at 08.00 in the evening, you can imagine my surprise when I looked at my watch and it was 01.00 in the morning, time flies when you are having fun!

so after saying good bye to everyone I made my way home, but this is some thing I had not seen on the street before, a green laser which appeared to be going from one end to the other, but it stopped part of the way along the street,

  for me past all of the bars and I was on my way home, but I did call Diana who said she would like a bite to eat,

 so a quick stop at one of the food carts,

 a couple of frankfurters for Diana and a piece of chicken for me,

 there were lots to chose from,

including some squid, but for me I preferred the chicken, then motorbike taxi home a bite to eat, as by now it was late, or I should say early in the morning we were off to bed.

No comments: