Sunday 6 May 2012

Only Yesterday I Was Wishing For Rain,


then this morning it happened,

 not a huge downpour, but it meant I did not have to water the plants, also it made things a bit cooler,

 when the rain had stopped it was a drive to the fish shop on Third road for a tube of silicone, I had to seal up the now unused water intake and return in the aquarium, unfortunately the guy that cuts the glass to make aquariums in the shop was out till much later in the afternoon,

 so next stop was to the glass/aluminium shop, I needed two pieces to seal off the water outlet,

 this is the grid that I need to seal off,


 although difficult to see the two pieces of glass have been siliconed in place so I will wait 24 hours for the silicone to cure,

this is the outlet that I capped yesterday hopefully when I top up the aquarium tomorrow all will be water tight,

Harvey had called in the afternoon, so we arranged to meet in Champions, also meeting us there was Slim Jim, on the way out to town in evening the rain had brought the frog out again,

hopefully he will not find his way into the house again, 

he sort of blends in with the concrete,

 next stop Walking Street, this is the view looking along Marine Plaza,

the street itself, looking towards the Bali Hai end of it,

 I just love the signs,

the street looking towards Beach Road, we all met up in champions, also Brian, Sa and Rick called in, so it was quite a party, Harvey left early as he had arranged to watch a show with some friends, apparently some guys were kicking a puck or something around in a field, one pack in red the other in blue, the first few chukkas were sort of OK, evidently you have to score a try or something by putting the ball in a net, well as soon as the fifth quarter started batting or kicking I lost interest in it, I have absolutely no interest in sports, having said that I did excel in water polo, in my late teens and early 20's, at school, college and at national level, but nothing came of it, they chucked me off the team for drowning too many horses, with that I arrived home in the early hours of the morning and we were off to bed.

No comments: