Friday 28 September 2012

I Have To Admit I Do Enjoy Going Fishing,

whether taking the truck to a fishing park or a boat out into the sea,


but I draw the lie at doing this to make a catch, climbing down a ladder attached to a cliff face to fish where others have not, the fishermen here at Bird Ash cliff in Bempton, near Bridlington, East Yorkshire, think nothing of abseiling and climbing 120m (400ft) down sheer cliffs to reach fish heaven, gale-force winds and heavy kit are a mere inconvenience when prize cod, bass, pollock and ling await them in the foaming swell, the bad news is that the better the catch the harder the climb back, the reason for the big catches is of course that because of its inaccessibility the fish are here in plenty as very few fishermen have fished here before,


but much as I like fishing I think I will give this venue a miss.

No comments: