Wednesday 4 September 2013

We Had A Quiet Day In,

unfortunately Steve's stomach was still a little unsettled,


 so we popped along to a local clinic, but on the way as we waited at the traffic lights we noticed this work crew,

 I guess this tangle of wires makes sense to them,

 but it made a complete nightmare to us,

 in the evening the girls went out to the local market to take home some food,

 whilst for us Diana cooked mince beef with peas and potatoes,

 as we finished our meal Jake came over to say hello,

 I also played a little with my new camera, it was a little larger than I expected, but I bought it primarily as I did not want a full sized camera and I was impressed with the fact that the 35mm equivalent would have a zoom lens of 24-600mm, which is not that uncommon in this type of 'bridge' camera, but the fact that the f stop remains the same at f2.8 throughout it's focal length sold me on it, it is a Panasonic Lumix FZ200

also whilst we were out I bought a small shoulder bag to put it in, the price of the Panasonic one was ₤73, so I went for a local one, 590 baht, 

in the evening we watched a few films, first Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, giant flying robots appear out of the sky, time to call the Ghost Busters, no I mean the Sky Captain, all good fun,


 then an action packed double dealing spy thriller, Salt

by now it was late, so everyone went to bed but as I was still not tire I decided to watch an old favourite, Dial M for Murder, although made in 1954 I still enjoy watching his Hitchcock thriller, when it finished it was early morning, so for me I was off to bed.


No comments: