Thursday 19 September 2013

We Have Often Featured Artist,

who use different mediums for their art,


 but here us a new one for us,

 using sushi, 


but that is what Tokyo based Takayo Kiyota does, the artist is a self-proclaimed illustrator and makizushi who goes by the name Tama-chan, what exactly is a makizushi artist, you might wonder? there are a few examples here, Tama-chan lays the ingredients just so, visualizing how the cross-section will look once cut,

like this before,

and after cutting, “I never know what the inside looks like so I’m never sure if it will come out the way I imagined, and I can’t make edits once it’s done,” writes Tama-chan. “Facial expressions are especially difficult because small ingredients or overly exerted force when wrapping can completely throw things off, it’s always a special moment when I make the first incision to reveal the image.” and the best part is whether you like the finished artwork or not you can eat it!


No comments: