Friday 8 August 2014

Straight On To Today's' Post,

as I am in a lot of pain,


my old nemesis gout has come back with a vengeance to haunt me, the only relief I get is to keep my right leg raised which means sitting in a chair really hurts, so here goes with the post, Diana went tomato picking, above is our third crop, the green ones at the top of the bag are sour oranges that she also grows as she likes them,

 then in to the truck to pick up Nick and Maureen as we were off fishing,

 although it does not look it,

 there was a lot of cloud,

 and as we are half way through the rainy season rain is defiantly on the cards,

 but it did not stop this chap from giving us a quick look over,

 there were no dragonflies today, I guess this lizard ate them all,

 I am saying he but I think this is a female skink as it does not seem to have the bright colours of the male of the species, but having said all of that I am not really au fait with lizards,

 then I was into the first fish of the day,

 Nick very kindly helped me in with the fish,

 and unhooked it, I was already finding it difficult to move,

 a keeper, so off to the kitchen he went,

 then it was Nick's turn,

 another keeper,

 the kitchen had been busy as the first fish arrived on the table,

 another nice fish for Nick,

 then a third,

 my second of the day,

 which Nick unhooked for me,

 then I was into my third fish of the day,

we continued catching fish all day as more rain clouds drifted in, but by the time to leave it was 15 - 7 to me, well I had the advantage of when I caught a fish Nick could not as he was helping me,

 we kept three to take home with us,

 then before we had time to collect our gear,

the heavens opened up, but as soon as it stopped we were off, if you want to fish here it is the Mamak fishing park, it is off of Soi Nub Plan Wan, (spelt as it sounds), turn into the Soi from Sumkivitt, over the railway crossing and continue for a couple of miles, the road starts to go downhill, near the bottom of it you will see the road the fishing park is on the right hand side, follow that for a while, it twists and turns a bit and the fishing park is on the left next to a soccer ground, there are rods and tackle for hire and bait to buy, plus a fridge full of beer!

the parks card and map,

 relief! during the day my right foot had continued to swell around the ankle joint,

 the mark below my big toe is where the top of my foot had swollen and taken an impression from my shoe, what a pain it was taking my shoe off then putting it back on again when we left,

 but all of that was forgotten as we all tucked into Nick's Indian curry, followed by cheese and biscuits and ice cream,

then to the serious part of the evening, Monopoly which as you can see Nick won, at one stage of the game he was almost out, then in two rolls of the dice he cleaned up, great fun, we thanked Nick and Maureen for their hospitality then made a move for home, when we arrived I could barely walk, I was in so much pain, I guess if you have never had gout it is difficult to imagine, but fellow suffers will know what I mean when I say I would not wish a bad attack of gout like this on even your worst enemy! so when we arrived home we watched some cable television and then we were off to bed.


No comments: