Saturday 23 August 2014

We Had Decided On Roast Pork For Sunday Lunch,

but as Friendship only sells pork sans skin and we both love crackling,


we went to Foodland, which is on Pattaya Central,

 where the pork is sold with the skin, I dropped Diana off as I wanted to have a look at the new Ducati showroom,

 so I walked to the front of the car park, opposite Foodland is Wattana Computers who I always use when there is a problem with mine, we also bought Diana's laptop here,

 so I turned left and started to walk towards the Sumkivitt Road, passing the new Power Buy store,

 I then walked past this shop selling all manner of ornaments, we have driven past it so many times, but never stopped to have a look, 

it was about now that I was almost on the Sumkivitt Road that I realised I had not seen the Ducati shop,

 so I retraced my steps walking back past Power Buy again, I realised my mistake, leaving the Foodland car park I should have turned right, D'Oh!,

 for a landmark the Ducati dealership is opposite the Krungsri Bank,

 and here it is stretching along a side street,

 and the imposing front entrance,

 inside I was in 7th heaven,

 twice over,

 as there were 14 bikes on display, from tourers,

 to out and out racers,

 this is the one for me,

 but I am guessing,

 this one is more in my price range,

 all I can do is dream on, but what a dream!

 making my way from the shop I looked at the service centre behind the showroom,

and here is a nice touch, I made it clear that there was no way I could buy a motorbike, but firstly it was OK to wander around taking pictures, also the really nice sales staff there gave me a bottle of water, what a kind and thoughtful gesture,

 no sooner had we arrived back than we were off again,

 to the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road

 lots of cloud looking towards Jomtien,

 but patches of blue looking inland,

 a couple of clothing stalls opposite the bar this evening,

 work has carried on at the stalls by the side of the market,

 concrete blocks have been cemented in place to make walls to each stall, and a few new stalls have been made,
the food aisles quite crowded,

 and a few people looking in the pet section,

 the egg and rice cake seller was doing his rounds,

 sale completed,

 sunset over the market,

 in front of the bar this used to be a pet stall, that then went on to sell fluffy toys, but now consumes for kids, hopefully this venture will work for the owners,

 although difficult to see this truck with a couple of crocodiles on the back of it went past,

 then the sales team passed in a flash, the ladies wearing crocodile costumes, 

 we had meet Jim and Cher in the bar this evening, Brain was also there, so we then made a move to the Punch and Judy, unfortunately Brian could not join us, the work on the sun roof has now been finished, 

 'Cheers!', from all of us,

 then our food arrived,

 welsh rarebit for Diana,

 a lamb shank for Jim,

whilst Cher and myself went with the Friday special of fish and chips,

to round the meal off Jim and Cher shared banoffee pie, an English dessert from The Hungry Monk restaurant in JevingtonEast Sussex, first produced there in 1972, the history of the pie has been the subject of some discussion, so the owner and inventor, if you can call him that, Nigel Mackenzie offered a £10,000 prize to anyone who could disprove their claim by finding any published pre-1972 recipe for the pie, no one came forward to claim the money, we were all so full, Jim and Cher very kindly picked up the tab, many thanks to them, we then said our goodbyes and made our way home, we watched some television on TMN cable, then for us we were off to bed.

No comments: