Thursday 21 August 2014

We Seem To Have A Week Of Early Starts,

another one today so straight on with the post,


I was at the hospital at 08.00 to have a blood sample taken, then I have to wait for just over an hour for the results, not having eaten or drank anything the night before I was looking for a breakfast as I was hungry and thirsty, I drove past the Butchers Arms, I really did not fancy paying 50 baht for a cup of tea on top of the 160 baht breakfast, so I drove into Soi LK Metro and found this gem, the Kilkenny Bar and Guesthouse

 there was indoor and outdoor seating,

 I decided to sit at the front of the building looking out onto the street,

 I ordered the English breakfast, what a feast! and the price included a mug of tea, plus an orange juice and a choice of either black pudding or hash browns and toast, all of this for just 120 baht, what a bargain!

the restaurant is in the corner of the 'L' shaped LK Metro, this is the view out side the restaurant looking towards Soi Bukaow, 

then back to the hospital for my results, all seemed well, but it was decided that I should go on a course of tablets to prevent a return of my gout, so I am now on a 100 mg allopurinol tablet taken daily and I am also taking colchicine 0.6 mg twice a day for one week, so hopefully no more reoccurring gout attacks, next stop the tackle shop for some bait,

 as we are going fishing tomorrow, the builders merchants next door seemed really busy with bikes parked all along the road,

 then it was glad rags on,

 we were off to Cherry's, it is opposite what once was the X-Cite disco on Third Road,

 on Wednesday and Saturday there is an International buffet, for tonight mushroom or tom yam goong soup for a starter,

 there is also a salad bar, 

 and a good selection of starters,

 with about 18 or so main courses to chose from,

 plus a carvery and a selection of pizzas,

 we were joined tonight by Jim and Cher,

 and Slim Jim,

 so it was eyes down for the starters,

 'Cheers!', from all of us,

 Diana decided on amongst other things a slice of pizza,

 all of this for as the sign says 399 baht,

 then on to the main courses, a trip to the carvery and some baked salmon,

we then made a start on the deserts and what a choice there was, all of this above and an ice cream chest, we chatted the evening away and finally said our goodbyes to Jim, Cher and Slim Jim, arriving home it was feet up for a coffee a look at a couple of channels on the television, next we were of to bed.


No comments: