Saturday 21 March 2015

Out To The Dentist Today,

yesterday a crown dropped out,


 so every time I smiled I gave a spine chilling leer, but on the way out we noticed a new bud on one of the cactus,

also the tomatoes were getting bigger,

and there were lots more of them,

we parked the bike behind TukCom,

and made our way into Pattaya Tai,

Diana went straight into the market from Soi Bukaow, 

whilst I made my way along the main street to the dentist,

taking a few pictures as I went,

novelty money boxes, the shame is you have to break them to get the money out, but a good point for repeat business!

it was so hot today, I was surprised there was not a queue at the fresh ice cold orange juice stall,

Pattaya Tai at times with hardly a car on it,

the dentist we use is opposite the Friendship super market, 

Dr. Chanis was busy when I called but said to pop back in 20 minutes or so,

so I decided to take a walk around the pet and plant section of the market, it was just too hot to go under the awnings in the main market,

on the corner of a house at the edge of the market a Plumeria commonly named Frangipani,

was in flower and nice it looked too, the flowers almost looking like they were made of wax,

a quick look at the orchid stall,

and some of the bedding plants and I was in to see the dentist, 200 baht later and I was on my way, crown glued/cemented back in place, I meet up with Diana who had just bought our Sunday roast, then home we went,

arriving home the bud we had noticed when we left,

had now opened,


small but perfectly formed as someone once said,

smaller still was this double bud,

with a slightly larger one just in front of it, 

since we bought this cactus it has hardly stopped flowering, which is why I have left it in the pot it arrived in, so as not to disturb it's run of flowers,

also this one in the corner,

that has flowered 3 or 4 times already,

and it looks like another flower bud or two are on the way,

I have always thought that cactus grow really slowly, I guess some do, but look at this one, when I bought it and put it into it's new home it had just three growths, I have already taken two buds off of the plant and re-potted them, but there are still 14 or so new buds that have developed in just the short time it has been growing here,

we watched some television in the afternoon, then off to the weekend night market on the Thepprasit Road,

at this rate the tower in Jomtien will be hidden behind the new building that is being constructed in the distance,

looking inland,

clear skies,

and I made my way past the pretty in pink stall,

opposite the bar tonight a discount cosmetic stall and a charity donation centre,

the first food aisle quiet at this end,

but busy at the far end,

the second aisle with hardly any customers,

the pet section,

although fully stocked was also quiet,

sunset over the market,

I made my way back to the bar,

and noticed a number of traders,

had not arrived for this week,

now at the far end of the food aisles that were so busy earlier,

it had become quiet,

I past the ice cream seller,

and the mobile peanut man past me as I sat at the bar,

the other peanut seller that sits at the end of the steps mopes his brow,

negations begin for a bag of peanuts with one of the motorcycle taxi drivers,

by now the cut price cosmetics stall had opened and was doing brisk business, tonight we were joined by Brian for a drink and a chat, after saying our farewells it was home,

for us, where it was feet up a couple of shows on TMN, then the first of series 1 of Boardwalk Empire, a little slow in places, but hopefully things will improve as we watch more of the series, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: