Saturday 28 March 2015

We Had A Busy Day,

first thing I dropped Diana off to go shopping,

 then for myself to the motorbike shop,

 the tyres needed a touch of air,

 in a couple of minutes I was on my way to the Punch and Judy,

which is located between Pattaya 3rd Road and Thepprasit Soi 8,


 the outside seating area now fully covered over,

 I had arraigned to meet up with Steve for breakfast,

 after chatting the morning away we said our farewells and I made a move to the market,

 parking where we normally do,

 behind the TukCom Centre,

 I made my way in to Soi Bukaow, the no left turn into it from Pattaya Tai,

 meant that it was easy to see the second-hand part of the market on the left hand side,

 I made my way through the covered section, plenty of fruit available,

 the small aquatic stall was here again,

 toys of course,

 lots of headbands,

 but this was where I was going, to the aquatic shop in the pet/plant section, we needed some sinking pellet food for the yabbies,

 whilst here I had a look around at some of the plants for sale,

as usual a good selection to chose from,

 and I just had to stop and look at the stall with some orchids on,

and nice they looked too,

there was no price on them,

but I would guess that 3 pots for 200 baht would be about right,

 so many to chose from,

 but I resisted the temptation to buy some,

 I made my way back to Pattaya Tai,

 past the motorbike shop at the junction of it, the shop there always seems to have slightly modified motorbikes there, like this one,

 with a custom exhaust system,

or these two,

 a lightweight street racer,

 with ultra thin tyres,

 a work in progress, looking almost finished,

 the staff working on another special,

 this is the junction the motorcycle shop is on, Pattaya Tai Soi 20,

 I made my way along Pattaya Tai,

 taking a few pictures as I went, this flip-flop stall appearing where a building had been demolished,

 this on the other hand was a mobile stall, and nice it smelt too of freshly squeezed oranges,

 the squeezer,

 then by a strange happenstance before I called Diana we bumped onto each other on the street,

 we decided on a green tea and a ice coffee to take home, on the top shelf a selection of three types of coffee and three of tea,

 I mentioned to Diana that I hope this coffee machine is more reliable than some that our friends have, they always seem to be in need of repair, but then this one does not grind the beans, which is where it seems that many of the problems with coffee machines are,

 whilst waiting I took a quick picture of the shuttle bus,

 this runs every few minuets or when some passengers are on it to the nearby multi story car park,

 tea and coffee in hand we made our way back to the bike,

  past some of the other nearby food,

and drink stalls,

 arriving home one of the cactus was in flower,

 this is the third or fourth flower it has had,

 and looking carefully there are 3 or 4 more buds on the way,

 a quick look at the tomatoes,

they are almost starting to ripen quicker than we can eat them,

 and there are plenty more on the way,

 some like these are huge,

 of course in TukCom we could not go past the DunkinDonuts stall,

 in no time we were at the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road,

 looking towards Jomtien another few floors have been added to the new building being constructed, the tower in the distance almost obscured from view,

 looking inland,

 blue skies with just a touch of cloud,

 opposite the bar this evening a 100 baht dress stall and a second-hand shoe stall,

 I made my way to the pet section, past the food stalls,

 and aisles,

 salted bar-b-qued fish waiting for customers,

 and tonight the food aisles did have plenty of them,

 not so many in the new aisle that has food stalls with seating,

 fewer customers still in the pet section,

 sunset over the market,

 I am not sure what these are,

 other than 35 baht each or 3 for 100 baht, but the natural packaging looked kind of neat,

 I made my way back to the bar as the sun was setting,

 and realised it was not a second-hand shoe stall behind the bar, the shoes were all brand new, priced at 299 or 399 baht a pair,

 clear skies looking inland,

 no ice cream seller this evening, but this lady walked past, but as no one bought anything from her I did not get a chance to see what she was selling, Brian joined us this evening at the bar, we chatted away then after saying our farewells we made a move for home,

feet up, popcorn, a glass of wine and put on a DVD, what could be better?

tonight a real treat, The Curse of Oak Island, we watched the first four of eight episode, I have to say if you had not heard or read of the treasure of Oak Island when you first watch this series you would be at a complete loss, there was no background information given, it was straight in and 'lets dig a hole!', the actual story of the island was not touched upon until the third episode, luckily for us we had featured the mystery of Oak Island on our blog way back in September 2008, another slight disappointment came when mystics and people that detected ghost, yetis, bigfoot, sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster were brought in and found spirits and other nonsense, waste of a program, but there it is, having said that we are looking forward to the next 4 episodes,

to round the evening and the popcorn off one from Poirot, The Mysterious Affair At Styles, another one from the series we had not watched before, this is the only post today as it was a big one and I have a mountain of emails to answer, but hopefully tomorrow back to normal with everything that we find interesting, amusing or just plain weird! and with that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

2 Wheel Adventures said...

2Wheeladventures is one of the professional motorcycle rental service companies in Sydney. Over the years, we have been providing best motorbikes including BMW 1200’s. We provide broad range of motorcycle rental at affordable prices.

Anonymous said...

Hi colleagues, its great post about teachingand fully explained, keep it
up all the time.