Saturday 14 March 2015

We Were Going To Wait Until Saturday,

but today is the day,


we picked the mushrooms for our evening meal,


before that Diana wanted to do some shopping, so I popped over to the weekend flower market, I was hoping to buy a couple of pots for the cactus we had bought in Bangkok

I was a tad early as some of the stalls had not set up yet,

which was a bad sign as I wondered if the stall I wanted to visit had arrived or not,

but I was in luck, firstly he had arrived and set up shop, secondly he had brought along two of the pots I wanted,

it was then that I detected a flaw in my plan, the two concrete pots or trays if you like were heavy, very heavy and I was on the bike, much to the amusement of the stall holder, the trays needed careful balancing to stop them from moving, the ride home was interesting or some may say character forming to say the least, whilst moving the trays were sort of stable as clenching my knees together kept them from tipping off of the bike, the problem arose when I had to put one foot on the ground when stopped at traffic lights, 

the good news, arrived home safe and sound, I gave the trays a quick wash and will start playing cactus tomorrow,

later in the afternoon we made our way to the weekend night market in Thepprasit Road,

construction work in the distance looking towards Jomtien,

a look along one of the aisles looking inland,

the sky a little grey or overcast,

a new stall for this week selling silk scarves,

and as usual plenty of 'T' shirts on offer,

opposite the bar this evening a handbag stall and a 50 baht one,

lots of plums for sale, Diana will be buying a kilo of them later,

a group of tourists being shown around the market,

the food aisles not very busy so far,

or at the beginning of the pet section,

but there were a few customers further along,

sunset over the market,

the ice cream lady makes a sale,

and gives me a happy smile,

I made my way back to the bar, past the handbag stall opposite it,

by now the 50 baht stall had attracted quite a crowd,

Brian joined us for this evening, we chatted away, then after saying our farewells we were off home,

where Diana surprised me with this, it is the inside of a coconut with all of the shell removed, it looked quiet strange as it wobbled when you touched it with the straw and that was all you needed, just push the straw into the skin, drink the juice then eat the outside, I wonder how whoever it is separates the shell from the fruit?

on to our evening meal, garlic and home grown mushrooms,

into the pan,

lightly fried,

and on to toasted French bread spread with garlic butter,

delicious! we watched a number of programs on TMN, one of which was Sunday night at the Palladium, it was quiet good as far as the variety acts went, the star of the show Art Garfunkel, who sang one song, the solo guitarist who accompanied him was absolutely superb, another couple of shows on TMN and we were off to bed.


No comments: