Sunday 15 April 2018

For Today,

a bit of a change of pace,


 in the afternoon we decided to take a chance on getting wet,

 and pop into the Punch and Judy,

 for two reasons, I fancied a larger and lime, and to look at the huge holiday section, where so many special offers are made in the Saturday edition of the Daily Mail,

 then in the evening,

 it was glad rags on,

 and we were out in a Grab taxi braving the water fights along Second Road,

 as you might expect, for the next week or so there will be no customers in any of the outdoor restaurants!

 the traffic was terrible, we had left in plenty of time, but Second Road at times was at a complete standstill, but here we were,

 at Central Festival,

 and thankfully dry,

 as we made our way to the Edge at the Hilton,

 we arrived just a tad after sunset,

 a quick look around,

firstly the seafood section,

 with chef's on hand to help with individual orders of sliced fish and condiments,

 I made my way past the wine station,

 to the cold cuts,

 and cheeses,

 I did not go to the main course sections as they were so crowded,

 but I did have a look at the desserts on offer,

 who could refuse liquid chocolate?

 or any of these?

 the choice was almost endless,

 back to the table we always book for special occasions,

 Diana with her starters,

 and the same for myself,

 a selection of seafood and sushi,

 pizza for Diana,

 onto the main courses for myself,

 I passed the cheese station on the way back to our table,

 'Cheers!',

 a selection of beef, chicken and pork,

 Diana wanted to look at some of the desserts,

 and nice they looked too,

 there was so many to choose from,

 sometimes life is so hard with these decisions that have to be made!

 well I had made mine,

 and was soon back to the table, we were almost the last to leave,

 with a selection of cold cuts and cheeses, for me a nice way to end the meal,

 on the way out I sat with two new friends,

 then we made our way out of the restaurant,

 and I had to play the fool,

 and walk like an Egyptian, why? and why the change of pace for today? because only once in a lifetime do you become 68 years old, and that day was this one, way back on this day in 1950 at 08.00AM  I enter the world,

so yes to celebrate I just had to act the fool, looking forward to next years special day already! arriving home it was feet up a couple from the cable television and we were off to bed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Wishing you many happy returns.

Regards from Ken C.