Wednesday 11 April 2018

I Decided My Telephone Needed A Makeover,

the front cover was scratched,



  and needed replacing, 

 and the rear cover was sans a few letters,

 so off to park opposite The Grand Day/Night Hotel and into TukCom, 

 where for 650 baht I had a new back,

and front new glass screen fitted, and thought that I was so glad that I had not bought into the Bad Pear madness, in case you do not know it, if you have a iPhone 8 and have had the screen replaced at a third party repair shop, when you install the latest iOS 11.3 update, it breaks the iPhone 8 screen! any devices that have not had their screens repaired by Bad Pear, sources suggest, that is screens repaired by a third-party, when the new upgrade is installed do not have touchscreen functionality, rendering the whole device essentially useless, I am so glad I was not a mug many years ago when I was ripped off by Bad Pear, and changed to another company and did not become an iSheep! sources say it is the latest example of the company's battle against people going to independent repair shops to get their devices fixed at reasonable prices, you do not believe me? Have a look here, so remember if you have a iPhone 8 and had a new screen fitted by someone other than the manufacturer, tough luck and change to a company that so far, for us, has looked after it's customers well, Samsung!

 for a change of pace and because it is under new management,

 we decided on a meal at the Punch and Judy,

 a Thai dish for Diana,


cottage pie for myself,

 the far side of the bar has been fitted with new lighting, the menu and prices remain the same, it must be working, every table had at least two customers dinning whilst we were there, the Punch and Judy is on Soi 8, off of Thepprasit Road, nearly opposite what was once the Eden Hotel,

arriving home we watched a Tuesday night double helping of Murdock Mysteries

following by a chilling Crimson Peak, very scary dairy, and with the end of that we were off to bed.


1 comment:

Vic said...

I just knew I should have got my Samsung's scren replaced while I was in Pattaya. It's only a faint crack, but if I were to get it done in the UK it would cost £120!