Sunday 29 April 2018

Last Night We Listen To Music,

as we normally do when we eat on Saturday evenings,


one of the songs we played was The Dangling Conversation by Simon & Garfunkel, I have listen to it so many times over the years, some of the lines are,


And you read your Emily Dickinson,
And I my Robert Frost,
And we note our place with bookmarkers
That measure what we've lost.

so I thought that I would make a post about Robert Frost, (1874 - 1963), here are some of his quotes,

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

These woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

The only way round is through.

The best way out is always through.

Freedom lies in being bold.

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.

I am not a teacher, but an awakener.

My apple trees will never get across And eat the cones under his pines, I tell him. He only says, “Good fences make good neighbors.”

Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow.



No comments: