Saturday 22 September 2018

Diana Popped Into Town,

I played on the computer,


 I love watching those programs where things go wrong, 'fails' they are called on Youtube, in the evening we were out, on to the baht bus,

 and we were off to the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road,

 as I entered the market it was not looking good, the weather that is, looking inland lots of cloud,

 one of the mobile fruit sellers doing his rounds,

 not many customers for ice cream, it was decidedly chilly,

 looking towards Jomtien,

 it looked dull,

and another look inland confirmed what I had been thinking, we were going to stop off at a restaurant on the way home, but I decided to go to plan 'B', always have a plan 'B' Dave, that is once shopping here is finished, make a move straight for home before the rain sets in,

 we must have been a bit early as the toy stall had not yet set up,

 and then I saw it, I had been wondering where the Monkey Shake stall had relocated to,

 and here it was about half way along nearly at the front of the market, 

 as I walked along the aisles many of the stall holders were getting the rain awnings out,

 opposite the bar tonight, 

 one stall selling towels and one selling ladies hats,

 the upstairs car park still not finished, I am guessing a rain cover will be placed over the escalators, 

 no worries about rain for the fruit stall, and all of the others under the car park,

 the pet section is in the dry as well,

 the up ramp all ready to go,

 not many shoppers in the pet section,

 or the aquatic store,

 sunset over the market,

 I made my way uphill towards the bar, 

 then under the awnings for the stalls at the front of the market,

 past the stall opposite the bar selling towels,

 and settled down,

 to watch the rain clouds and night roll in,

 'Cheers!',

 as we were going straight home we decided on ribs and duck for our evening meal, and by shear happistance it did not rain on the way back,

to round off the meal a chocolate treat, many thanks to Jim and Cher, we spent the evening listening to music as we often do when we sit outside, then for us as it was getting late we were off to bed.


No comments: