Saturday 10 November 2018

Alex Called Round For A Chat,

in the afternoon,


 in the evening I was out, and walking to the baht bus to go to the weekend night market in Thepprasit Road,

 passing the newly painted pedestrian crossing and yellow cross hatching on the junction,

 in no time at all,

 I was at the market,

 looking at the stalls, a new wicker stall at the beginning of the market,

 and one of my favorite stalls selling all manner of nick-nacks and mineral specimens,

 the fruit seller doing his rounds,

 slightly cloudy,

 looking towards Jomtien,

the same looking inland,

 the toy stall seems to be having a sale,

 opposite the bar this evening,

 a stall selling towels and one selling clothes at 35 baht or 3 for 100 baht,

 this week the escalators have received the beginnings of a roof,

 and the roof uptop has grown somewhat,

 a quick look at the dreamcatcher stall,

 the fruit stall open and ready for business,

 as was the wicker stall, but it looked like the blue kimono from last week had not sold,

 a few customers in the pet aisle,

 I walked along the stalls,

 and bought some food for the birds that seem to have made our balcony a regular calling place,

 sunset over the market,

 I wonder whether it will be weeks or months before these ramps are used?

 I made my way uphill to the road,

 and along to the bar,

 where I bumped into Evgeny and his son Egor who are here on holiday from Novosibirsk, it was great fun, I soon ran out of my limited Russian that I had picked up when I was in Latvia

 but the good news was that Egor was learning English at school, so he could translate for Evgeny, his mother Marina and myself,

 after saying goodbye I made a move home,

 but first a bite to eat, so passing the condominium,

 and Chinese restaurant,

 I walked past the entrance to the Jomtien complex,

 and then towards the beach,

 arriving at Hemingways for my evening meal,

 'Cheers!',

I had planned on having a starter and main course, but when the starter arrived it was so big I could barely finish it, so no main course tonight!

back home it was time for a few nightcaps, and a film, so tonight King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, and then for me I was off to bed.


No comments: