Tuesday 4 June 2019

As I Was Typing The Blog,

a flight of helicopters flew over the house,


  8 or 9 in all, including a number of Chinooks, they were I guess coming from Biggin Hill where since last week when a couple of C 130 military cargo planes landed, the place became a place of secret activity, all again I am guessing for the visit of the President of the United States,

 then great news, Richard arrived with the four pieces of carpet for upstairs, and started work, first the underlay,

 then some of the flight returned to base,

 the peonies we bought a few days ago,

had started to open up,

 and were looking really nice, I just hope they last,

 meanwhile upstairs the carpet was starting to look nice,

 it does not look big, but getting rolls of carpet like this up through the loft hatch was no easy task,

 all was going so well until,

 looking at the remaining piece, 

 Richard discovered that it had been supplied to him more than a tad under sized,

 just our luck! as it happened Steve who I meet Richard through many years ago called by for a tea and a chat, and have a look at the progress so far,

 and what had been done so far looked really nice, as soon as Richard has the new piece of carpet he will call back and finish the job, then all we have to do is order bookcases, and a few other things, and then move them and the computer desk we already have upstairs, also move up my collection of books, fossils and minerals and my manattic will be ready to use, 

 after Richard left I made a move into town, to pick up the last of my prescription,

and wandered back home, after our evening meal it was feet up for a couple of Antique Road Trips, not to everyone's taste but we both thoroughly enjoy them, and then watched a few more of Game of Thrones, until the midnight hour, and we were then off to bed.


2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Your back is going to be SO sore after carrying all your stuff up to your manattic. By the way, I'm curious: Just down the road from you is a huge abandoned mansion... or at least it looks abandoned. What's the story behind that big place and why is it sitting empty?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, it is not the getting up there I am worried about, it is the falling down that concerns me! we will be buying flat pack furniture and will assemble it all upstairs so that will make things a lot easier,then it is just down to me handing things up to Diana. There are three properties that are or appear to be abandoned, as I want to show you pictures of them I have made a seperate post of them, one is now in use the other two for whatever reason have just been left to rot, best regards, Stan and Diana.