Friday 21 June 2019

First Thing,

to the 227 bus stop by the church,


and I was off,

to the dentist, where the two receptionist and myself had great fun as we chatted away, but unfortunately not good news, three choices, the reason the crown keeps falling out is the root is so badly cracked that the crown will never stay there, so choice one, take out the root and forget about having the tooth replaced, the problem being that everytime I laugh I  give everyone looking a spine chilling lear, choice two, have a bridge made, which will cost as far as I am concerned, I have to say it, a small fortune, choice three, have an implant fitted, at twice the cost of the bridge, choice made, but I may change my mind after talking to Diana, so we will think on it over the weekend,

I called back home and picked up Diana and the car, first stop of the day for us, IKEA, we wanted to pick up some bedding, a shoe rack and clothes hangers, job done and we were on our way to,


where we were going to take,

lots of pictures,

amongst the field of lavender,

and here she was,

looking as lovely as ever,

a few pictures,

between the rows of lavender,

I have to say if you are thinking of visiting,

it is just a tad early,

as although the flowers are out, they are not yet at their best,

the peace of the day was interrupted by a few helicopters passing overhead,

and time for a pose from me,

in the field there are a number of props,

to have your photograph taken by,

so strike the pose!

it was too good to miss!

back to the field,

we started walking uphill,

to take a few more photographs,

and for Diana to do a twirl,

or two,

as I mentioned another month or so I am guessing and all of this should be in full bloom,

one more,

and we were on our way, looking back to the entrance and car park,

we were near the top of the hill,

Diana following me,

at the top looking down the other side of the hill,

there are a couple more fields of lavender, but later blooming than the field we were in, so if the first field has finished there will still be two more crops of lavender to look at,

'Hansom Man!',

we started our walk back to the car,

which was just as well as clouds were now building upon the horizon,

and we were off to our next stop,

but first a video of our visit by vlogger Diana,

we called in next to see a friend of ours that I have known for more years than I care to remember, Niel, over the years I have travelled with him looking for new species of fish in India, the Congo, Zaire and Zambia, plus looking at fish farms in Europe and the Far East,

at his farm which I have to say is wholesale only, so strictly no visitors, he is putting in a geothermal heat pump or ground source heat pump, (GSHP),

it is huge,

as is the entire fish farm,

walking round the core,

you can not fail to be impressed,

one of the many electrical boxes,

it is a long way down,

in the far corner,

on this wall there will eventually be a huge fish tank, and I do mean huge, when it is finished I will make a post about it, as an aside as far as I am concerned this is the only way to make a saving on energy, other than nuclear, forget about wind and solar, once you take off all of the subsidies, both systems are dead ducks, but there is so much money involved no one will admit it, but this system really works, even on a single house, as well as industrial applications,

back in the car,


we had visited here before with Steve and Kai, and 

so a quick look around,

and straight away noticed these miniature pineapples,

more than a few cactus,

outside,
as most garden center it was huge,

with everything for the garden,

oak barrels seem to be a nice way to make a water feature,

we keep saying, 'if only we had a garden',

these reminded us both of Thailand,

we walked back inside,

past a waterfall,

to the cafe,

for a afternoon snack,

a slice of cake for Diana,

with a latte coffee,

for myself a current scone with fresh cream and jam, next stop home, 

where after our evening meal it was the first of the series of Catch 22, a book and film I love, I had misgivings about a series of such a great film, but so far it seems to work well, Diana found it worth watching as well so we will see what the next few episodes bring,

which we followed with X-Men: Days of Future Past, which was great fun, and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: