Friday 7 June 2019

Off To Bromley,

to change my telephone network provider,


 it does not look it, but it had just been pouring with rain as I walked to the High Street, as I neared the bus shelter it had stopped, in those few minutes I was soaked, but here at the bus shelter it had not even rained,

 as I walked towards Bromley market square,

 I noticed the art deco cinema being given a face lift,

 in the square today,

 lots of stalls,

 selling all manner of goods,

 and it was quite crowded,

 as I neared The Glades on the left as you approach it from the square there is the Charles Darwin mural, he was one of Bromleys most famous residents,

 into The Glades I went,

 to the O2 shop and in no time at all I had my new SIM card and had kept my old number, and the good news it worked! the staff at the shop, particularly the young man that helped me could not have been better, the O2 shop Bromley, highly recommended! but back to EE, how can they say they are a national telephone network provider, when just 8.2 miles from the centre of London they admit there is little or no coverage and offer to let you break your yearly contract? thank goodness for O2!

 as I walked back to the bus, yes you guessed it I got soaked again, arriving back in Beckenham it was blue skies and dry roads, just my luck to hit the only two rain showers of the day,

 in the evening I was out, arriving here at Maidstone East,

 taxi past the prison,

 and I arrived at the Queen Anne,

 but wait a second, it had its name changed, it was now the Coach House and under new management, 

 I was soon joined by Steve and Alan,

 after chatting away it was time to tuck in, fish and chips for Steve,

 chicken burger for Alan,

fish and chips for Duncan,

 and myself, we chatted most of the night away, 

 Steve kindly gave me a lift to the station,


 and off to Bromley I went meeting up with Diana, the Churchill Theatre needing some work done on the sign on its side, 

 and to the sign at its front as well as it happens,

we caught the bus home where it was feet up to listen to Dr. Brian Cox give an insight into the planets, after his introduction each of the planets he described, the planet was given its musical voice as written by Holst, it would have been so nice to have been at the actual performance, but there it was, and with the end of that we were off to bed. 


No comments: