Saturday 22 June 2019

We Are Moving On,

regarding my manattic,


 all of the bookcases arrived late afternoon today, they may not look big but they were, and heavy, but between the two of us we managed to get them all up the loft ladder, 

 I spent some time on the aquarium before they arrived when Diana was at work, I did a partial water change, cleaned out the protein skimmer, and gave the inside glasses a quick clean, I then tried to take a photograph with all three fish in the picture,

 they were most uncooperative, always two, but never all three,

until this one,

 we are really pleased with the way the aquarium worked out,

 in the morning it is nice looking at them as I type the blog and in the evenings it gives us a nice light without having the ceiling lights on,

after our evening meal it was feet up for a golden oldie, Kings of the Sun, at the time of its release in 1963 it was so good, but now alas so lacking in so many departments, but still fun to watch,

next a much newer film, released in 2017, Errementari: The Blacksmith and the Devil, although originally in Spanish the film had been dubbed in English, a sort of horror movie, but without the big scares, thankfully for me, for a horror movie it was a real change from the blood a guts that Diana likes so much, we then watched one from Game of Thrones and with the end of that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

You might think about putting an LED backlight behind the tank that could cast a blue glow on the wall.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jill, funny you should say that as I have two black lights ready to go upstairs, I am going to use them for displaying some of my mineral collection that are fluorescent, hopefully by this time next weekend all of the bookcases and computer desk will be up, I just home the computer works after all of its time not being used, but the light behind the tank would show up the protein skimmer that sits on the rear glass of the aquarium, most setups have a sump that the skimmer would sit in, but I wanted to keep things simple so went for a system without a sump, best regards, Stan and Diana.