Monday 2 September 2019

All Set,

for Sunday lunch,


and for today,

 roast pork,

 Diana's with gravy,

 mine without,

 'Cheers!',

for dessert ice cream and crispy apple pie, a relaxing afternoon, then  Diana was off to work, for myself I watched a couple of quiz shows, then I remembered, on Friday when I was in the club with Steve, for the first time that we had seen it, there was a draw about the result of a football match, no skill required just buy a lucky dip ticket that had a predicted score on it, so I bought 2, one for Diana and one for myself, one ticket predicted 4-3 to Arsenal, the other a 2-2 draw with the opposing team Tottenham, so around 7.00 in the evening I checked the scores, one of us had won with a score of a 2-2 draw! 

 so I was off,

 through the members gate,

to the club, no one playing tennis, well it was quite late, into the club and there was my pot waiting for us, the winnings?£45.00 less the £2.00 stake, so we were £43.00 up, so a quick celebratory pint and I was on my way home, 

 past the Dahlias at Foxgrove Lodge, 

 and the final stretch home,

later in the evening Diana called, so off to the bus stop to walk her home, 

where it was feet up for Forsaken, we watched the first hour, which without wishing to insult the word dreary, was dreary in the extreme, by now it was past 02.00AM so we decided to watch the other half tomorrow, which hopefully will liven up, so for us we were off to bed.


No comments: