Wednesday 27 May 2020

They Look So Simple,

but are so different,


when I first looked at these apparently easy to make tattoos I had to blink a few times, my first reflex was to squint, thinking there is something wrong with my eyes, well that often happens after a few wines the night before! but it was just the artist’s unique ‘blurry effect’ style playing tricks on me,

  there is virtually no tattoo that Yatzil Elizalde cannot adapt her now famous blurry effect to. She has done it so many times that she no longer gets dizzy while freehand-drawing overlapping versions of the designs to achieve the double vision look, “I love imagining that people can get the feeling that their sight is getting blurry when they look at my tattoos,” Elizalde told Insider Magazine. “I feel good that people can experience this through my art.”

 the Mexican artist Yatzil Elizalde, started out as a visual artist, before taking up tattooing six years ago and opening her own studio in Hermosillo, Mexico’s Sonora state,

 from Disney characters and replicas of famous artworks, to original designs,

Elizalde creates her dizzying tattoos by inking the same overlapping design twice, even three times, which results in an optical illusion that makes viewers squint their eyes the first time they see them, Yatzil Elizalde runs her own tattoo studio, White Light, in Hermosillo, but also posts her trippy creations on social media websites like Instagram and Facebook, and I still have to keep blinking to look at them!


No comments: