Wednesday 9 September 2020

I Am Putting Three Post Into One,

Saturday, Sunday and Monday, as I am trying to catch up,


starting with Saturday, first thing I noticed the fox waiting as usual, I hope he was not there when we were away, Diana was unpacking and busying herself around the house, I was attempting to upload photographs to the blog for our holiday posts, the day just slipped past, in the evening it was time for our Saturday evening meal,

as usual I started with a sherry,

we did not have a starter, but went straight on with our main course, baked salmon with new potatoes and asparagus,

'Cheers!',

for dessert chocolate mousse and strawberries,

which we both enjoyed, we spent the evening listening to music and decided on a early night and were off to bed before midnight,

on Sunday just after midday we were out,

for Sunday lunch,

on the top deck of a 54 bus,

which gave us a different view of the High Street,

and this is where we we going, The Elm Tree at Elmers End,

Diana choose pate,

for myself garlic prawns,

coke for Diana wine for myself,

Diana choose beef for her main course,

I went with the pork belly,

another 'Cheers!', from me,

there was no doubt about it, Diana was hungry!

time to relax, we did not have a dessert, 

a latte coffee for Diana, a Jamaican coffee for myself,

a quick pose outside of the pub, which I have to say looked a picture, so many well cared for flower baskets, in the late afternoon Steve and Kai called round, they had kindly picked up a few things for us from Costco, we chatted the night away, after saying our farewells,

 we watched Freaks: You're One of Us, (2020), not a patch on the original, the German film had an English dubbed sound track which unfortunately was not watched or listened to when the English subtitles were put on, the story had more holes than the Albert Hall, the good news was that it only lasted one and a half hours, and with that we were off to bed,

we were up early on Monday morning, Diana had to catch the 05.30 bus, as it was still dark I walked her to the bus stop, arriving home I started to catch up with the blog when the crow started feeding, I had put a few nuts out the evening before, this is the one with the gamy right eye,

a brush with another crow or cat I guess, in the afternoon Diana arrived home,we chatted away, after our evening meal and one from Midsomer Murder,

we settled in for Blow, which was showing on Netflix, based on the true story of George Jung, who earned and then lost a reported $100 million! it was compelling viewing, and as with many of these gangster movies, it was difficult not to feel for the bad guy, well worth watching if you like this sort of movie, as it happens a photograph of the real George Jung is shown at the end of the film, and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: