Saturday 19 September 2020

To Help Catch Up,

I am putting 2 days into 1 post,


so here goes, Thursday, first thing instead of sitting, the fox decided to take things easy and lay down whilst waiting for me to throw him some peanuts,

he was soon on the hunt for them in the grass,

and he was soon eating them,

Diana was at work and I was on my way to the station posting a letter as I went,

the upline to London and the down line to Rainham were both deserted,

I was soon coming into Rochester, which over the years we had visited a few times before,

and there it was,


Steve very kindly picked me up from the station,

and we drove to Maidstone to visit Duncan in the nursing home where he now lives, Alan was not sure if he could make it due to work commitments, but after we had been there a few minuets he arrived, Duncan was in fine spirts, we all chatted the afternoon away and after saying our farewells it was time to head back,

Alan decided to make good time by coming over on his mighty 2.3 liter Triumph motorcycle,

and hurtled past us on the way back to Rainham,

the way back to Bromley and then Beckenham was the same as before,

I had the train to myself,

a quiet walk through the park and home, in the evening I watched a Midsomer Murder and a New Tricks then Diana called,

 off to the bus stop, we arrived home just before midnight, so a coffee and a chat and we were off to bed,

Friday dawned bright and sunny, after Diana had left for work, I made my way through a gridlocked Beckenham, armed with a shopping list I bought all we needed for Sundays roast, 

then upstirs to print a few forms that we needed,

after my evening meal I was out,

to meet Steve at the club, we chatted the night away, after saying our goodbyes it was home for a New Tricks,

then just after midnight a call from Diana so back out to the bus stop and home, next for us we were off to bed.


No comments: