Monday 21 September 2020

I Often Say 'Cheers!',

when at the dinner table,


and if you like the series called Cheers you will recognize the people above, I have to say the show is a favorite of ours, we have the full boxed set of DVDs, and I am making this post for two reasons, the first, sadly it, the real life bar, has closed permanently, Cheers founder Tom Kershaw said in a press release, “I have faced, and pulled through, many kinds of downturns and upticks in the economy within the last 20 years Cheers Replica Bar at Faneuil Hall Marketplace has been in business." he continued, "Sadly, the COVID-19 pandemic, combined with no assistance from our landlord, has made this current challenge insurmountable.” so sad, I have to say if we did visit America I would have made a part of the trip a visit to the bar that gave us both so much enjoyment, and have a beer or three! and the second reason I making this Cheers post?

UPROXX has rated what it considers to be the best opening theme songs in television history, and you know what I am going to say next, Cheers won! above is the opening sequence to the television show, if you want to hear the full version,

here it is, what a shame about the bar, one would have thought that with all of its fame it might have made it, but there it is.


No comments: