Saturday 6 July 2024

I Had A Quiet Day,

Diana was at work as she was on early shift, 


after Diana returned home and caught a few ZZZZZ's I had my evening read of the latest issue of Private Eye which arrived yesterday, 

for tonight a few sandwiches, 'Cheers!',

then out into a grey and slightly cold day, as I have mentioned before, 'if this is summer, I want my money back!',

in town by the war memorial lots of scaffolding going up over what was Barclays bank before it closed down,

I meet with Steve in the Moon & Stars, in our booth we were joined by the Tin Man, sometimes known as the Tin Woodman, 

two of them as a mirror reflected the painting, 

but here is the thing, what was his real name? it is Nick Chopper, for the full story of how Nick became the Tin Man have a look here, Steve and myself chatted away, and arraigned to meet with girls during next week when it is Diana's day off, after saying our farewells in was on to a number 227 bus,

and a walk past the graveyard, it was pouring with rain, 

so no young couples sharing the bench this evening, arriving home I was in time for a Have I Got More News For You before we were off to bed.


No comments: