Sunday 7 July 2024

I Had A Quiet Day,

Diana was on early shift, 



image BBC in the day I watched one of a series I had often seen advertised but never watched, Canal Boat Diariesit does what it says on the label, following Robbie Cumming, who offers a personal take on life aboard his narrowboat, the Naughty Lass, as he travels the network of canals in the UK it was surprisingly enjoyable, stopping off at villages, towns and pubs, I must look out for the program again, 

I followed that with Living, a wonderfully filmed bitter sweet movie, William (Bill) Francis Nighy plays the part of a council bureaucrat, lonely after the death of his wife and humourless, life deals him a bitter blow, he has just 6 months or so to live, he then takes a change in his life, and tries to do some good, the movie is quintessentially British, bringing the viewer into the time it is set, with a wonderful soundtrack, the film reminded me so much of the early 1950s, when I used to walk to the station to meet Dad as he alighted from the train at Selhurst Park railway station, after his day working in London, if you like British period dramas this is definitely the film for you, 

image BBC I then watched Patagonia: Earth's Secret Paradise, as I did so Diana arrived home from work, after a few ZZZZ's,

it was time for our evening meal, but first a sherry and a read,

for tonight poached Scottish loch reared trout, with vegetables,

Diana had a few accompaniments with her meal,

I just had the basics, 

'Cheers!', after a long break Frontier it was, we watched 2 episodes back to back, after which Diana was off to bed, for myself it was, 

you guessed it, one from The Kenny Everett Video Show, this episode featuring Suzi Quatro, after which I to was off to bed.


No comments: