Wednesday, 19 August 2026

I Had A Quiet Morning

but in the afternoon I was to meet Diana,


on the bus from her work, so out and into the park, where a tree was being felled, 

it was all go, 

looking back as the tree was cut down and branches shredded, 

off of the bus in Bromley, Diana went shopping for some work clothes, for myself up the alleyway, 

that leads to Sainsbury's and Timson, I had my two watches to drop off to have their straps replaced and battery's changed, inside I meet Ryan, who explained he had a couple of other jobs to complete before mine, which was not a problem as I had some shopping to do,

so past The Partridge,

and into the bank, for some good 'ole cash, 

back out and past Primark, 

and the balloon seller,

I mentioned in a previous post most of the tiles on the outside of the Churchill Theatre had at some time fallen off and been screwed individually back in place, well now there is a better remedy, take them all off and do not put them back!

next into Robert Dyas, we had something to pick up there and of course made sure it was in stock, some items are internet only, but we looked at stock in the Bromley store, yes in stock, so I walked in, and yes you guessed it, none in stock! and retailers wonder why customers increasingly use the Internet and do not go to the bother of using retailers, when they are lied to regarding items in stock, so when we return home the Internet it will be,

over the road to Marks & Spencer for a couple of evening meals for myself for when Diana is working a late shift, 

next stop LIDL, for a box of wine and some food things, we then went to The Greyhound for our lunch/evening meal,

whilst there I popped out back to Timson, to pick up my watches, £49.90 for both of them with a guarantee that the next time a battery fails it will be replaced free of charge, after our meal on to the bus and home, 

walking into the park the wisteria on Foxgrove Lodge putting on a late show,

back home the bits & pieces that Robert Dyas lied about and did not have in stock, we ordered from a proper Internet company, delivered free of charge, I must remember to stop supporting retailers as they show no regard for me when having made sure goods are in stock at the Bromley branch they are not, on a happier note Ryan made a great job of the watches, 

I just wish I knew how to get the day/month/date and moon phase, 

to be correct! in the evening there was not a Midsomer Murder showing, but we did watch a double helping of, 

Deadly 60, the two episode showcasing Chile and Argentina, followed by A Touch of Frost, after which Diana was off to bed, well she did have a 04.00AM start this morning and of course work again tomorrow, for myself a Bangers & Cash before I too was off to bed.


No comments: