Thursday, 27 August 2026

I Spent The Day,

playing with the camera and lenses, 


the problem being when I go to Namibia, the smaller airlines can be quite strict about overhead luggage, both the size and weight of the bag, so I had to get as much as I could in my Lowepro ProTactic BP 350 AW III Backpack, the size fitted the airlines criteria, as for weight it had to be under 10 kilos, 

 after much swapping and changing, inside a 500mm telephoto lens, 1.4 teleconverter, 20-32mm wide angle, 35-70mm 'normal' zoom, 120mm macro lens and a flashgun, all up 7.2 kilos, after adding a laptop it will be under the 10 kilos, 

and here is the bag all loaded up and ready to go, but you may have noticed no camera!

 as my camera is medium format, the system is much bigger then conventional cameras, both it and the lenses are large, so I will carry the camera and a 100 - 200 zoom lens over my shoulder,

 plus all of the lens hoods as they would not fit in the backpack, 

also in the bag I will carry all of the batteries, the chargers in my suitcase along with the tripod, it sounds ridiculous but it took an age mixing and matching what to put in each bag, after my evening meal it was the usual fare of a Outback Opal Hunters before my film for the evening, I watched an old favourite, 

 We're No Angels, a delightful comedy, a really nice Christmas story, with a bit of a edge to it, shortly before Christmas in 1895, unapologetic convicts Joseph (Bogart), Albert (Ray), and Jules (Ustinov) escape — along with Albert's pet viper, Adolfe — from the infamous Devil's Island prison in French Guiana. After dodging search parties, they seek refuge in the shop of Felix Ducotel (Leo G. Carroll), who is struggling to make ends meet under the overbearing supervision of his cousin Andre (Basil Rathbone). Given the spirit of the Christmas season, the trio decide to assist Ducotel, his wife Amelie (Joan Bennett), and their daughter Isabelle (Gloria Talbott) the only way they know how, with the unseen star of the movie, Adolfe, after which Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee and a chat about where we were going drive to tomorrow and have breakfast/lunch as it is Diana's day off, after a Bangers & Cash, which saw the team buy a 

1963 Lotus Elan and then spend a fortune on restoring it, the original cost of the car and the restoration came to a staggering £80,000+! when it went to auction it sold for £39,500, some one got the best restored Elan in the world! it is pictured restored as sold above, as it happens I have always quite liked this model of Lotus, not so the others, after which we were then off to bed.


No comments: