Wednesday 21 October 2015

Straight On To Today's Post,

as I am up and out early today,


 for my bi-monthly check up at the hospital, as usual I have an appointment for 08.00, so back to yesterday, I decided to move the cactus seedlings from upstairs to downstairs,

 I have had varying success, these pots are just 2" or so across,

so you can imagine how small this one is,

 and these are just a fraction of the size of that one,

 in the other tray a few more successes,

 some almost looking like,

 small cactus,

except these which are lithops or living stones as they are called,

 I also put some seeds into 6" pots,

 and had some quite good results in some of them,

 I moved all of the seedlings downstairs where there are already a few pots, these are the ones I take 'pups' from,

  and give away to neighbours and friends,

 all settled in,

 another few months, well early in the new year I will start to put the larger ones into individual pots,

the last tray now downstairs,

 going to and through past some of the other pots,

 I noticed that one of Diana's stinky or starfish cactus that had not flowered before had flowered,

and totally different it looked too from the ones that had opened yesterday, after our evening meal Barry and Bill called round for a glass of wine and a chat, after saying our goodbyes we settled down to an evening of Judge Judy and Motorway Cops amongst others, 


finishing off with a couple from Ashes to Ashes then for us we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Mocha Joe said...

Hi Stan & Diana, hope you are both well. I owe you a big THANK YOU for alerting me to the wonderful song Vide Cor Meum by Patrick Cassidy from the Hannibal film soundtrack.
My mother sadly passed away aged 86 at the beginning of the month. The funeral was last Friday and I used this wonder piece of music for the entrance music. It was beautiful and very fitting.
Thank you so much for mentioning this lovely song in your blog and giving me the inspiration for mum's service.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Mocha, Joe I am sorry to hear of your loss, as you mention it is a moving piece of music I hope and wish you a speedy recovery form losing one so dear, best regards, Stan and Diana.