Sunday 15 February 2009

As It Was Valentines Day Today I Decided To Treat Diana To A Day Out,

so I took her to the annual motorcycle show,
the entrance through "Jaws" it is on Soi Charaphun by Burapa stadium,
1st bike on show was this pretty in pink Honda,
and a stretched mini bike,
in one corner of the show there was a stand featuring old bikes, the one above I have never seen before, but it reminded me of a DKW that I owned in the late 1970's, made by Auto-Union (now Audi)
at last a real bike! an old BSA (Birmingham Small Arms) 350 cc I think it is a model number M30, another old one, an Ariel, not sure if this is the 350 or 500,
another one not familiar to me, I would guess it is a model from France,
a number of posts ago I mentioned that we all went looking for one of theses 250 cc. BMW's (Bavarian Motor Works in English or Bayerische Motoren Werke in German) originally BMW made aircraft engines but were forced to stop after the war, which is why the BMW logo is a circle with blue and white quarters, the white the propeller and the blue the sky,
the other side of the 250,
at the time these front forks were revolutionary,
also available in red!
a Ural, made in Russia to a old BMW design, 650 cc's,
a war time BSA side valve,
and as it says on the front mudguard a 1954 M33 BSA,
an extremely rare sidecar if it is an original BMW made one,
I do not have a clue what this thing is, two wheels both turning at the front and two wheels at the back, it was a shame that the owner did not have a card or some thing telling a little about it,
there were bikes everywhere,
I liked the look of this one, I think it is a V-Rod with twin overhead cams, it is amazing what the Germans can design,
now you have to be some one that wants to be noticed driving this, when it went past us the driver was almost standing up to reach the handlebars,
there seems to be quite a number of these single Yamaha's out and about,
this is another one here,
another guy with high rise bars,
there were also a number of bikes for sale,
some were really bizarre, but a lot of work must have gone in to it,
of course if you wanted to do your own thing, entry level machines were available!

No comments: