Monday 9 March 2009

Sunday And Off To Charlie's Fishing Park,

at first we almost thought we were going to get wet, huge rain laden clouds greeted us on the way to the park, but as we arrived it soon cleared up,
Nick with the first cast of the day,
and my first fish of the day a plah sawie, (I am spelling it as it sounds), then Nicks first fish, a large tilipia,
Mike and Riza also joined us,
Diana had forgotten my sun hat again, so I borrowed Mike's, the competition was to decide who I looked most alike in it, Chaplin and Keaton were mentioned but the winner was Wimpy from Pop-eye!
Diana was of course completely unfazed by it all,
as was Ta-taa,
then my second fish a plah yesuit, a great fight it put up to,
but having eaten them before they are just so full of bones so back it went,
the girls ordered some food,
suffice to say it was very spicy, no allowance here if you are not Thai!
our little fishing hut for the afternoon,
Riza poses by the pool,
and Diana strikes the pose,
and me looking, well me,
then it was action stations as Riza hooked a big one,
it was a black Pacu, a native of South America,
Riza is really happy as she caught one, we stayed till about 5 then headed back to Nick and Maureen's, the catch, just 4 fish, we kept one, Nick's tilipia as they are good to eat, a great relaxing afternoon, just sitting by the pool with not a care in the world, just the occasional shout of "another Heineken please!"

No comments: