Tuesday 23 March 2010

First Thing And Along To Nissan,

my truck is parked in the sun, so the paint and plastic fittings take a huge bashing from the U.V. in sunlight, when I had the truck serviced last week I ordered in two of the most effected bits, but whilst we waited for them to be fitted Diana played Sudoku, I have tried it myself with absolutely no understanding of what to do,
so a quick look around the waiting room,
and the forecourt, this is one of the replaced parts, the rubber grommet that the ariel fits into,
and the seal between the bodywork and the windscreen, all I have to do now is get it resprayed and it will look as good as new!
after we returned home Nick and Maureen along with Ta-Taa called in for a cup of tea and a chat,
Ta-Taa loves looking around the garden,
then after a couple of hours time to go,
back to the trees,
a few more behind the roundhouse,
and on the hill,
I am still waiting for some more ground cover to arrive so I decided to experiment with some rock fall at the base of the hills,
I used this talus from Woodland Scenics,
easy to use just pour where you want it,
then mix up some paint,
add water,
and paint, it looks a little dark but I will wait for tomorrow to see if it lightens up as it dries out,
starting to look good, (well it does to me!),
still not quite the right shade, so a little more colour,
almost looks like the real thing,
now to the other hill, first the unpainted talus,
after a few different colours it is starting to look as I imagine rock fall would look, tomorrow if it all looks the correct colour and shade I will seal it in place with a 50/50 mix of glue and water, then downstairs for our evening meal,
baked salmon, potatoes with herbs, broccoli, fried mashed potatoes, asparagus in a roll of bacon and glass of red wine, what could be better? well done Diana,
after our evening meal Mark who is also a model train enthusiast called by to have a look to see how things were going, we had a chat for a couple of hours then feet up for another couple of episodes of New Street Law, then of to bed.

No comments: