Wednesday 24 March 2010

We Decided To Have Breakfast On The Beach Today,

so off we go,
Diana has one of the 'cowgirls' tops we bought some time back at Theppresit market,
no prizes for guessing where we were going, the Surf Kitchen at Jomtien,
coconut for Diana and a ice coffee for me, the view across to the sea,
we have not been here for a few weeks, they have a few new trainees starting work,
'Ah!'
no changes here either, spaghetti bolognese for Diana and prawn cocktail for me, we were having a nice relaxing breakfast when not 4 meters away from us one of the electrical transformers decided it had had enough for today, it let us know by making one of the loudest bangs I have heard in years since I said, 'gas leak Mrs. Robinson? here give me the matches' needless to say for the rest of the meal we were waiting for another big bang, the thing was that none of the electric around us in the shops and restaurants went out,
we decided to call in and have a look to see how Micks boat was coming along, well underside looked like it had it's top coat so in the next few days on to the top side,
for a idea of scale the boat is 5 meters long,
back to the trains, I have now glued the rock fall in place,
and decided the rockfall colour here is fine so I have glued them here as well,
next on to the river, this is really difficult, water does not 'scale down' properly so a clear liquid is used to represent the water, you just have to colour the river bed making it darker in the center and lighter towards the edges, easy if you are an artist, I am not!
Picasso at work - if only!
I have absolutely no idea what I am doing,
so I gave up and will try again another day,
I decided to add some rocks around the base of the bridges, so I am now adding glue to keep them in place,
the rocks will be painted over the next few days once the glue has dried,
also the river bed will be painted, Gordon made a good job of it first time round but upon reflection it really is to blue,
another view of the new rocks,
the river bed, yuk! in the next few days I will paint it white and start over again, Diana had been busy making more trees for the other hill, but then downstairs for our evening meal, Joe called in for a chat and a glass of wine, then when he had left it was feet up to watch another Midsomer Murder, this one , 'Who killed cock Robin?' then off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to blue. Should be too blue.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, thanks for that one, but in real life most rivers I have seen are grey/brown the only really clear rivers I have seen were in Scotland, where they looked like watered down coca cola in color, but were sort of clear, next attempt in a couple of days, best regards, Stan and Diana.