Sunday 28 March 2010

First Thing I Went Round To See Mick And Mass,

to drop off a couple of fish I caught,

then it was off to the boat yard to see how Mick's boat was coming along,

underside completed work had begun on the top side,

it is going to be mainly white with blue highlights, chain locker at the pointy bit, now here is a sight I would not like to see bearing down on me!
it must look good in the water though, after a few cups of tea it was then time to call into Jack Levey's office,
to pick up my truck insurance, the office is on Pattaya Tai, the view on the other side of the road,
and the office itself,
then to a quiet Friendship to pick up the shopping for today,
for this afternoon/evening Diana is preparing a green chicken curry,
meanwhile I settled down to watch a 1957 black and white horror film, Night of the Demon, great story but special effects were not so good, but it was 1957!
Gordon arrived with tales of his early life exploits,
Mark also called in,
along with Mike
and Riza,
Mark carves the roast chicken he brought along,
then it was food time!
all followed by Mike and Riza's donuts, if you think there are a few missing you would be right, I popped downstairs to find Diana and Riza munching away on a few before they brought them upstairs, Homer you were to late, D'Oh!
after our guests had left we put on Airplane!, a truly funny movie, though a little sad when I pondered that two of the stars are no longer with us, Lloyd Bridges who I first remember seeing on black and white TV in the first few of the 155 episodes of Sea Hunt and Peter Graves who died just this month, who I first remembered in the 1960's as Christopher Cobb in the series Whiplash, then later in the TV series Mission: Impossible, then off to bed after another enjoyable Saturday night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too late, Doh!!!!

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, I must admit I am never sure of how to spell Homers Doh!!! I have seen D?Oh! as well so for this time I stuck with D'Oh! best regards Stan and Diana.