Monday 1 March 2010

Up Early For A Start On The Railway,

after hoovering up the surplus ballast,
I used masking tape to remind me where to reapply it where it did not glue well,
Diana had mixed up some green/brown paint to make the ballast look 'weathered',
I had a go as well, I had to paint the bits that Diana could not reach,
and keep my fingers off my clothes!
on this part of the track 3 down 1 to go,
starting to look 'aged' now,
this end is now completed, tomorrow back to more ballasting,
then time to go out for a meal,
Eric had very kindly invited Mark and Ancshai, Diana and myself out for a meal, we meet up at the Pagoda in the Jomtien Complex, first a complimentary starter of potato salad,
Anchasai making her mind up, there were so many things to chose from,
Mark and Eric having the same problem,
the starters arrive, prawn cocktails,
avocado and ham for Mark,
whilst Eric had prawns wrapped in bacon,
then the main course, stuffed chicken breasts for Diana, Mark and myself had lamb shank, whilst Eric had a steak, the girls settled for ice cream each, the boys coffee, many thanks to Eric for his generosity for treating us, the next day he is off to China so 'Bon Voyage' from all of us, when we arrived home we were going to watch a movie or two, but as we switched the TV on it was on channel 60, showing a series called I, Detective, so we watched a few of those then off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stan

Last, and may I say the only time I went to Pagoda (6 months ago), I had a very bad night in the toilet.

So hope your experence was better than mine.

Daryle

PattayaStan said...

Dear Daryle, shame that you had a bad experience at the Pagoda, for us all was fine, the restaurant has changed hands, for I think about the third or forth time, we had not been there for over a year, the owner we had not seen before, but for us I have to say excellent food although the service was just a tad slow, but then every inside table was full with several dinners out side as well, I hope if you return the next time will be better for you, but I also known the once bitten twice shy rule! best regards, Stan and Diana.