Friday 3 June 2011

Off To The Bank Again,

I do not like keeping a lot of money in the house,
so frequent trips to the bank are the order of the day,
then to the other bank at the beginning of Walking Street, the Samsung television/LED still working I am happy to say,
why does she look so surprised?
next stop, Diana wanted to have a facial treatment at this clinic, named We Care Clinic, next to the TukCom center,
so in she goes, we were told one and a half hours, so I had a look around TukCom then went outside for a Starbucks coffee,
as I had nothing else to do I started playing with the camera again, in the far distance there is a green on white pharmacy sign, this picture taken just as I pulled the camera from my pocket with the zoom at normal,
zoom in on the sign, a bit easier to see now,
a bit more zoom and there is no mistaking it now,
then at full zoom as clear as a bell, I have to say I am very impressed with the Panasonic compared to the two Sony and one Fuji pocket cameras I have bought before,
after the time was up I was told another 30 minutes, so back for another coffee, the procedure Diana was having done was 700 baht or so, at 125 baht a coffee my caffeine bill was going to be bigger than Diana's treatment!
so I went next door to Starbucks to the S & P restaurant, my taste buds must be shot to pieces, the ice coffee tasted exactly the same, but only 50 baht a time, so I enjoyed another couple of coffees there, whilst there I just managed to get the camera out in time to take a picture of this guy, I know nothing about other than some one said he was from the UK, putting my two pence worth in he must be so fit as we see him cycling every where,
as soon a Diana was ready we made our way to Central Festival, we wanted to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in 3D, I will not go into the story line but as for the 3D experience it a huge disappointment for both of us, we had become so used to seeing 3D where images come out of the screen and in your face at you, the Pirates did not deliver at all, sure you could see it was in 3D with depth to the images but a totally different and extremely poor 3D when compared to say Avatar or any of the 3D motion theaters, the two for instance we had just been to in Singapore left this film squirming in the dust, it truth the 3D should have been shot to put it out of it's misery and just done the circuit in 2D and not disappointed 3D fans, the film itself we both enjoyed, but I wonder if Depp's lack of enthusiasm will mean there will not be another in the series?
as soon as we arrived home it was glad rags on for our evening meal out,
to the China Garden,
shredded duck and a glass of wine to start,
followed by beef chow mien and prawns with beansprouts,
'Cheers!', from both of us,
we decided against desserts, we were both full to bursting, but Diana decided on a cup of tea, served in this nifty container,
pot at the top, cup at the bottom,
easy does it,
after a lovely meal a quick call to the Secrets taxi service, and home we went,
Diana all smiles as usual,
we had a quick walk round to the pump and tank to make sure they were not leaking,
the Christmas tree is getting bigger by the day,
as is this flower,
a try out of the flash at night on our bonsai,
home at last feet up a night cap as it was late, then for us off to bed.

No comments: