Friday 11 March 2016

If You Watched,

the film I, Robot,


 you could not be failed to be impressed by the Audi driven by the films hero, if for no other reason the tyres were round as in a sphere

and in a grand design so too were the USR robot carriers wheels, I am guessing many of us thought the wheels/tyres were neat but totally impractical, well I did, until today,


behold the the Goodyear Eagle-360 concept tire, a spherical tire, 

the Eagle-360 tires were discussed at the Geneva Auto Show last week, (which is still taking place, March 3 through 13) and were specifically designed for autonomous vehicles, like those being built by Google and a handful of other firms, they provide not only additional manoeuvrability, thanks to the ability to quickly turn and move in any direction, but also the ability to levitate if used with a special 'magnetic levitation system', 

'by steadily reducing the driver interaction and intervention in self-driving vehicles, tires will play an even more important role as the primary link to the road,’ explains Joseph Zekoski, Goodyear’s senior vice president and chief technical officer, ‘Goodyear’s concept tires play a dual role in that future both as creative platforms to push the boundaries of conventional thinking and testbeds for next-generation technologies.’ great video from Goodyear, but let's remember it is only a concept, but who knows? going back to the show, I had a look at the Robb Report, featuring 12 of the most amazing cars at the show, the one for me?

 the Aston Martin DB 11, understated elegance, style and comfort,

and the steering wheel is on the proper side of the car!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog
posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site.
Studying this information So i'm satisfied to convey that I
have a very just right uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed.
I such a lot without a doubt will make certain to
don?t fail to remember this site and provides it a look regularly.