Wednesday 30 January 2019

It Must Be An Age Thing,

I often remember times of my youth,


things I have not thought about for 40 or even 50 years ago, and this is one of them, Car 54 Where Are You? it played for a couple of years from when I was 11 years old, from the IMDb site it comments,

'Car 54 Where are You? is one of the funniest TV series to ever appear on television. The chemistry between the dim-witted but affable Gunther Toody (played by Borscht-belt stand-up comic Joe E. Ross) and his cultured but painfully shy bachelor partner Francis Muldoon (played by the pre-Munsters Fred Gwynne) rings true in every episode. You definitely get the feeling watching this comedy that these two cops are closer than brothers. What really makes this series outstanding though is the superior writing and the supporting actors. Al Lewis (Grandpa on The Munsters), Wally Cox, Nipsey Russell, Godfrey Cambridge, Charlotte Rae, Ossie Davis, Jake LaMotta (the subject of Scorcese's 'Raging Bull'), Rocky Graziano, Sugar Ray Robinson, Jack Gilford..these are just some of the well-known actors and personalities you'll see when watching this series',

although the series only aired for 2 seasons YouTube seems to list all episodes,

these three I have posted here,

at random, but if you like them as much as I did then you will be in for a treat, memories, I must be getting old!


No comments: