Friday 25 January 2019

We Are Only Making One Post Today,

and it will be the last one until Monday as we are away for the weekend,


 Steve and Kai kindly invited us down to Seaton in Devon for the weekend, so on Monday there will be the weekend's photographs to post, back to this post, the day started out with a nice sunrise, for the past week or so, it has been overcast to say the least, in the afternoon into town for me, I had a letter to post and a appointment with the nurse,

passing the church the sky had changed to overcast with a few spots of rain in the air, at the surgery I was signed on as a patient and an appointment was made for a couple of weeks time for my flu jab, it seems that many people in the UK have them,  

after our evening meal it was feet up for another Murdoch Mysteries, 

 this one titled The Keystone Cops, where two of the force decided to try their hands at vaudeville,

and during the show a young W. C. Fields made an appearance as a jugular, famous for his one liners, here are a lot of them,

Don't worry about your heart, it will last you as long as you live
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull.
Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one.
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money
Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.
Children should neither be seen nor heard from - ever again.
No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree.
I once spent a year in Philadelphia; I think it was on a Sunday.
The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath.
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people
It's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money.
I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink. That's the one thing I'm indebted to her for.
 I never met a kid I liked.
I never drink water; that is the stuff that rusts pipes.
All the men in my family were bearded, and most of the women.
I don't know why I ever come in here. The flies get the best of everything.
Never cry over spilt milk, because it may have been poisoned.
The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.
Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler. 
There are only two real ways to get ahead today - sell liquor or drink it.
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her.
I like children - fried.
Never give a sucker an even break.
Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
Show me a great actor and I'll show you a lousy husband. Show me a great actress, and you've seen the devil.
Now don't say you can't swear off drinking; it's easy. I've done it a thousand times.

I never knew W C and myself had so much in common, moving on, we watched a couple from Poirot and we were then off to bed.


2 comments:

PattayaStan said...

Hi Stan, Speaking of going away, I’ll be in Pattaya on 20th February for a minimum of 6 nights, before going on to Cambodia and Vietnam. If you have anything to tell or to send anyone there, I’ll be happy to pass it on for you. I don’t know if you or Steve have still got my mobile number from years ago, but it hasn’t changed, Regards Vic.


Dear Vic great to hear from you, I have not posted you email address, you would have been bombarded with spam if I did, many thanks for the offer, but we are fine, we must all meet up when you are back, have a safe and enjoyable trip, best regards, Stan and Diana.

Vic said...

Yes indeed. I'll be back on the 23rd March, FYI.
Vic