Tuesday 30 July 2019

First Stop,

the bank,


 across the road from the cinema,

  which is now looking as it should after its recent renovation, a quick walk soon brought me to the dry cleaners after a shop at Tesco's, as the cleaners was near the shop I called in to say hi to the boys,

 arriving home and opening the windows,

 we had a sleepy guest in the garden,

 Reynard was having 40 winks,

  opening the window,

  must have woken him up when I opened them,

 so time to go, 

  but first a scratch,

 and then he was off,

 a couple of days ago I mentioned I had finished this book, 

Pictorial Wonders and Tales of Wild Life, as I mentioned a fascinating read, there were 90 or so factual short stories all around or before the 1900s,

 it had a number of nice illustrations,

 and a number of pages,

 where the woodcut nearly took over the page at the opening of some of the stories, I forget how much I paid for it, but not more than a few pounds, and you can still buy it today I found one copy here,

  this is the book I have just started,

 With Stanley on the Congo by Miss Mary Douglas,

 the original had a colour preface, sadly missing in my copy,

 there are illustrations throughout the book,

and at the end of the book a number of other titles for further reading, I am just one chapter in but so far it is a easy read, I am sure there are some copies for sale, but in any event here is the full book at Heritage History,

late in the evening Diana called to say she was on the bus on her way home, so off to the bus stop and back home we went, where it was feet up for a game of Thrones, we are now getting to the last few episodes of series 7, we both hope that series 8 comes out on bluray soon, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: