Thursday 16 July 2020

I Nearly Forgot,

that the bank closes at 12.00 Midday,


 so a walk to the bus stop,

 into town, the cinema still waiting to be given the all clear before its doors open again,

 out of the bank and on my way home, past the garden at Foxgrove Lodge,

 where one of the dahlias was putting on a good show,

 not much further,

 in the late afternoon I was out again,

 the mansion house in the distance,

 and there it is,

 and this is where I was headed,

 the courtyard which is now open with seating,

 I managed to get a table by one of the flower beds,

 what was once the stables has now been converted into a cafe, bar and ice cream shop,

 a couple of beers and I was on my way home,

 at this point of the way home, just occasionally in the far distance at night if you are lucky, you can see a family of badgers,

 for my evening meal Diana had made me a salt beef sandwich, followed by melon, blackberries and strawberries, just as New Tricks started Diana called,

so off to the bus stop, arriving home we watched the last part of New Tricks, and one from Silent Witness, by now it was past midnight so for us, we were off to bed.


No comments: